Monday, March 24, 2014

"Immediately" 03/24/14 - Joshua 5-8

"He said, "Neither. I'm commander of God's Army. I've just arrived." Joshua fell, face to the ground, and worshiped. He asked, "What orders does my Master have for His servant?" God's Army commander ordered Joshua, "Take your sandals off your feet. The place you are standing is Holy." Joshua did it. (5:14-15)


Christ has promised us that we "will know His Voice". 


Knowing His Voice brings such comfort and joy.  But, are there ever times when it doesn't?  Perhaps when He instructs us in a way that brings about pain?  or rebellion?  or anger?  When it causes "self" to rear its ugly head and begin shouting out?


I love how Joshua immediately fell, face to the ground and worshiped.  What an example for me to follow, but do I?  Is my reaction immediate or do I take my focus off of Him and begin to worship "self"? 


When I gave my life to Christ,  it was also a giving up of "self".  I entered into The Covenant and The Holy Spirit came into me through baptism.  Upon that moment, I became Holy Ground.  And how often do I choose to continue wearing my "self" sandals?  How often do I question His instruction, instead of submitting?  Or how often do I take "self" steps, instead of following His Steps? 


I hear His Voice, through His Word.  He tells me the accounts of persons in my "family", ordinary humans, my ancestors, who He used for His Work.   Just like you.  Just like me. 


In reading and studying His Word I learn all but our Christ, failed to heed His Voice at all times.  I also learn those that give me the example of Christ, took the steps following His instructions.  They show me it was a continual battle, until they died.   It gives me hope in reading, Moses and so many others, failed and were redeemed by God.  Used for His Glory.


He has written my name, amongst all the many others, including you who are "in" Him, in His Story of Life. 


Without hesitation, immediately, take off your sandals of "self" and follow His Steps  - You are His Holy Ground.
                                                                                                                                                                     seeking holy ground article

No comments: