Friday, June 22, 2012

The lost - 05/16/12 - Psalm 144-145, 88-89

How blessed the people who have God for God!(Psalm 144:15)


It was Sunday night after we attended church and we were walking.  Nichalas and Amber wanted to take us to the vegan "Chicago Diner" in the heart of Boystown.  Out in the streets there were persons standing around the bars, on the sidewalks, talking.  It was more of how they were dressed, than how they acted, that gave indication of what they were really wanting.  I told Curt it was so obvious that they wanted sex and not a relationship, much like animals.  That made me sad, but it was the lost look behind their smiles that grabbed my heart.  It was the spiritual heaviness that weighed me down as we traveled through the people on our way to the Diner.

I was reading today about a man who grabbed the five year old daughter of the rancher he was working for in Texas.  He took her into the woods.  Her father ran after them and found the man half naked, on top of his daughter.  He grabbed him off of her and beat him.  Then he called 911 because he was then trying to save his life.  The man ended up dying.  There were numerous persons who were very irate about his defending his daughter this way.  Thankfully, the grand jury ruled that the father was only guilty of protecting his daughter.

Studying Jude the other night and I can't shake these verses or the picture of the emptiness that these lost souls have:

"These people are warts on your love feasts as you worship and eat together. They're giving you a black eye—carousing shamelessly, grabbing anything that isn't nailed down. They're—

Puffs of smoke pushed by gusts of wind;
late autumn trees stripped clean of leaf and fruit,
Doubly dead, pulled up by the roots;
wild ocean waves leaving nothing on the beach
but the foam of their shame;
Lost stars in outer space
on their way to the black hole." (Jude 1:12,13)

There are so many who do not know Him.  So many who are lost and living the lie. So many who do not live a blessed life because they have elected not to follow God.  I am finding it hard to believe how blatant people are about their sins.  They don't care who they hurt, who sees.  It is all about satisfying self.  When I read in the Bible some of the times when sin much like the world we live in today, I remember Solomon's words, "there is nothing new under the sun". 

My heart hurts for them and God.  How He desires to have us Know Him.  How He desires that we cast aside our self made gods and worship Him.   Draw near to Him.

As I was thinking about the events above, I am so thankful and blessed that not only myself, but my husband, sons and daughter follow the one true God.  That our grandchildren will be raised knowing Him.  I pray that the life He has given me will be one that leads others to Him, so they may live a blessed life rather than one of emptiness and pain.

I pray that they may come to have God as their God.





No comments: