Monday, April 27, 2015

"Song From My Heart" - 04/27/15 - 1 Chronicles 6


"Now these are those whom David appointed over the service of song in the house of The Lord, after the ark rested there.  They ministered with song before the tabernacle of the tent of meeting, until Solomon had built the house of The Lord in Jerusalem; and they served in their office according to their order." (31-32)                   

While reading today's Scriptures,  I noticed there in the middle of the listing of the High Priestly Line and their cities, was the section regarding the "Musicians' Guild". 

Throughout the years,  my sister, Teresa, would try to share her love for Christian music and I would politely nod.  Eyes glazed over.  Not really comprehending. 

And then the Holy Spirit began to dance within my heart to the words of praise being sung.  As I tucked more of His Word into my heart, I began to recognize passages being put together with the musical notes.  I began to fall in love with the worship of praise music.  I began to stand before Him, words washing over my soul, just listening and silently praying the words of the songs.  

There are many Scriptures validating our ABBA's love of music.  of praise.  Of its importance. 
It delights Him.  It is commanded of us.

When the boys were quite little and I would sing, they covered their ears and said, "No mommy,No".  I have always felt there will be a sound proof booth for me in the choir room of Heaven!  Many times I find myself not singing because the sound of my voice ruins it for me.  But then - then - there are times when I am alone in the car, or the house, and His praises are being sung and I can. not. help myself.  

I sing.  Or try to anyway.

He has brought to mind, He created my voice.  He knew before the world was formed the sound of my voice.  And He delights in it.  It isn't squawking to Him.  My voice is being lifted up to Him through the Love in my heart.  The Love that makes it a beautiful sound to His ears.  The Love for Him in my heart has not only transformed my voice - it has transformed the all of me.    

When ABBA hears me.  sees me.  thinks of me.  He sees me through the Love of my Savior.  My Christ.  And in Him - I am Holy.  I am Beautiful.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

I am His Beloved. 

Loving my ABBA.  So much.

No comments: