Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"As I Go" - ‎02/28/13 - Numbers 4:1-5:31

Protect them so they will live and not die when they come near the most holy things. To protect them, Aaron and his sons are to precede them into the Sanctuary and assign each man his task and what he is to carry. (4:17-18)

 

All that Christ did for me so I may crawl up into my Daddy's lap - that I may be in an intimate relationship with the Holy of Holy.  Protected.

Because of Him,  I am now the Sanctuary in which His Holy Spirit lives.  My helper. 

He preceded me so I may come near the most Holy. 

My Daddy.  My Abba.  My Father. 

He has assigned me my task.  I know that I keep repeating, but it is the Great Commission from Christ  "As I go, as I live,  make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19)

 How am I at carrying it out.  How it has changed with each season I am in?  Is there more urgency "as I go"?  Am I so "in" love with Him  - that with everything I am - it is to please Him?  Am I watching, at the ready to respond as Christ when a "Divine Appointment" is set before me?  Am I honored and blessed with how He uses me or do I react by grumbling?  Do I utilize my gifts and talents for Him?  For His Kingdom?   

Or is "as I go" all about me?

Christ preceded me.  He did this by giving His life.  He became the ultimate sacrifice for me. 

In shame, I stand before Him knowing that the answer to those questions is often revolved around me.  My wants.  Staying in my comfort zone and enjoying His blessings. 

How selfish and unlovely of me. 

May my heart love as His does.  May my eyes identify and may my hands reach out to those who are lost.  May my heart break for what breaks His. 

May I watch and be at the ready when He uses me to make Disciples.

"as I go" 

"as I live".





1 comment:

Mary Reed said...

Deby, God has so been working with me in this area. I SAY that I want to love Him with every fiber of my being and serve Him in all He's called me to. But, I sometimes see His assignment as an interruption to my carefully planned day. Sheesh! Thanks sharing this... Excellent!
Blessings to you ~ Mary