Saturday, May 04, 2013

"Training" - 04/14/13 - 1 Samuel 17:32-19:24, Psalm 59

"God, who delivered me from the teeth of the lion and the claws of the bear, will deliver me from this Philistine.” (17:37)

He delivers us through the lions and bears, to prepare us for the giants.  As I am looking back, each battle I have fought seemed like a giant.  Hind site shows me it was only a lion or a bear.  Not to be taken lightly, it was training.  Training for me to be dependent on Him.

I am ashamed of the times when facing a "giant", I allow fear to dictate my actions.  I stand and use my own fighting techniques, which is futile.  Or, I turn and run back, allowing myself to become captured and controlled by the "giant". 

I am ashamed in my lack of Trust in Him, even after all the "giants" He has delivered me from. 

Through growing more intimate with Him, I am learning to stand in faith and follow His lead.  Follow His way and sometimes standing back and letting Him fight the "giant". 

It is in His Word I gain so much wisdom and strength.  Through the account of David, coming up against Goliath, I see fear wasn't even in the picture.  David had "Godfidence".  He acknowledged and stood firm on his prior training from the "giants" God had already delivered him from. 

With each step I take closer in my Abba, the giants are falling away. 

With only a small stone David killed Goliath. 

My Abba is much bigger than any small stone. 

And any giant. 

No comments: