Friday, May 26, 2017

"Prayer Is Our Time of Intimate Communication" - 05/26/17 - Jeremiah 42-45


"Whether we like it or not, we'll do it. We'll obey whatever our God tells us." (42:6)


 I have been asking myself what prayer do I offer up persistently? How do I respond to His answers of "no", "yes", or "wait". 

  At first, I couldn't really think of anything. You see, I am a "drive by" prayer warrior. When someone or something is brought into my focus, I lift them or that up. Curt on the other hand is the persistent prayer warrior. He is very consistent to offer up the same issues every night. What relief in casting aside any quilt or shame when recognizing this is how ABBA created me. To know without doubt "In the same way The Holy Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray, to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groaning's too deep for words;(Romans 8:26)

His requirement is we pray from our heart. To be completely transparent and genuine in our conversations with Him. He already knows all that is within us, but wants us to share the all of us with Him.
He desires - desires - the whole of us.
And our time.

 He gave me a smile as I was going to work this morning and saw the sun peeking out over the treetops, chasing away the night sky to the east.  On the west however were the telltale signs of rain which has driven me back home.   How often I am left breathless by the beauty of His nature.   
So often I am able to feel myself draw closer to Him through His nature, the words of worship songs, the memories created with my "siblings".   And in my moment of reflection while driving alone in my truck, He helped me realize my persistent prayer - not only in the morning hours, but those throughout the day and at times in the middle of the nights.

I am a woman after God's own heart. Growing and becoming all He has created me to be. I am also a woman who struggles in giving up "self" to obey Him - no matter what. What a blessing He gives me in seeing He is cleansing me and how far He has brought me to override guilt and shame.  Much like His sunshine coming up over the horizon and chasing away the darkness.  Giving us hope in the new day's Light.
 
In Him we are redeemed. we are covered in His Grace and Mercy.

Praying my persistent prayer while continually striving:
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; 24 And see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way." (Psalm 139:23-24)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: