Friday, December 12, 2014

"Allowed To Be Used" - 12/12/14 - Acts 20:4-38; Acts 21; Acts 22; Acts 23:1-35



"He came and put his arm on my shoulder. 'Look up,' he said. I looked, and found myself looking right into his eyes - I could see again!(22:13)

What courage Ananias had to follow the instructions of God and go to Paul.  Paul who was there to kill the Christians. 

By the way, Ananias was a Christian.

It was on the road to Damascus that Paul came face to face with our Christ.  It was in that moment he was completely transformed from killing as many Christians as he could,  to introducing many to Christ.  Up to that moment though, Ananias only had the word of God to go on that Paul was a changed man. 

It takes courage to go into the world and tell others of Christ.  To live a life for Christ is living outside of the world.  I sometimes wonder how is my courage.

Do I see the lost and set aside my "self" to introduce them to our Savior?  Do I see the ones the world has considered a misfit and go in to do life with them?  How often do I see someone who is stumbling about blind and go to them, putting my arm on their shoulder and leading them to The One who will remove all blindness from them.  To lead them into living a life looking right into the eyes of our Christ. 

How can I not?  After all, it is Christ who did that for me, through the arms of others who put aside "self" and saved me from an eternity of death. 

We all have the responsibility to be one to lead others out of blindness. 

No comments: