Sunday, December 28, 2014

"Winner, Winner, Better Than a Chicken Dinner!" - 12/28/14 - Revelation 1-5

 "Look at me. I stand at the door.
I knock.
If you hear me call and open the door, I'll come right in and sit down to supper with you."(3:20)

There was a show I enjoyed as a kid, "Let's Make A Deal".  The remaining contestants at the end of the show were asked to pick Door 1 or 2 or 3.  I would always become nervous because usually, they had to give up some pretty neat prizes won thus far for the chance to choose.  There was never a guarantee that behind the door were better prizes.  More often than not, they weren't and the "winner" walked away a "loser".



Reading these Scriptures today reminded me of the game show.  I also noticed for the first time, it isn't a blind choice.  Christ is telling me, "Look at Me.  I stand at the door. I knock.  If you hear me call."

He isn't leaving anything to chance.  I not only see Him standing there, He is knocking at which door I am to open and He is calling out to me.  To me. 

And if I open the door He is knocking on, there isn't any hesitation.  "I'll come right in and sit down to supper with you."

The neatest part of all this, I know He isn't coming as a guest, but as family.  He wants not only to sit down and share supper with me, He wants to share life with me. 

He won't be exiting out that door, unless I show Him out - and that ain't happening! 
He is here to stay.

"HE" is why I am not a "loser", but a "winner".  No games about it. 

No comments: