Sunday, October 25, 2015

"His Misfit" - 10/25/15 - Luke 14-15



"Invite some people who never get invited out, the misfits from the wrong side of the tracks.  You'll be - and experience - a blessing. They won't be able to return the favor, but the favor will be returned - oh, how it will be returned! - at the resurrection of God's people." (14:13-14)


There are times I haven't a clue as to why ABBA is using me to reach out to certain  persons.  I just know I am heeding His commands and trying to follow in His steps.  The other thing I know is I know what it feels like to be a "misfit".  There wasn't just one who took the time to follow ABBA's lead, giving me welcome throughout my life, it has and is many.  Her name is Margaret.  Her name is Diane.  His name is Dick.  His name is Thomas.  Their names are "His Servants".  He uses each of us in His family to welcome in the "misfits".  Each and every one of us are commanded to be a part of His welcoming committee. 

Is your name on the list of others, who are "misfits" in this world, when they are recalling those who have made them feel welcome?

Throughout the years there have been many moments in which the feeling like a "misfit" has come over me and I allow those feelings to hinder "me" working for Him.  I then open my eyes and look about.  Focusing instead upon the innumerable blessings of other "misfits" He has placed into my heart and life. 

They are "you".  His Beloved.  My Family.

I pray each of His will know how welcome "you" have made me feel.  That although I shall always be a "misfit" in this world, I belong to His Family.  Thank you.

No comments: