Sunday, May 08, 2016

"Thank You" - 05/08/16 - Psalm 50, 53, 60, 75


"We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks, For Your name is near"(75:1)

We sat in the darkened auditorium watching the illusionist perform his tricks.  When he asked for a volunteer from the audience, I looked over at our Charles.  So small sitting in the seat beside his grandpa Curt, by the aisle.  His arm was stretched up as high as it could go, waving his hand.  I watched as the illusionist made his way up the steps, towards the back rows where we were sitting. Deep in my heart God assured me Charles would be the one chosen.   

I watched as Charles helped "perform" along side of the illusionist.  His face lighting up in delight over the results of a trick.  I sat with Ella beside me, as she "helped" me get the event on my phone.  During the show she would often break out in song and dance to the music being played.

I thought about how these two little persons have so much confidence to be themselves and am so thankful for all who have helped raise them up. 

Because they know through and through.  They are loved.  Not only by those He has put into their lives, but by their Heavenly Father.  So often when we are together, there will be bits of conversation  regarding our ABBA. 

I have never loved, nor will I ever love, in the way I love our Adam and Ashley, Nichalas and Amber. Charlie and Ella and all the other "kids" He has placed in my heart. 

I never knew what it meant to watch part of your heart live outside of your body - until them.
I never knew what it meant to be rich.  to be overwhelmed.  to be full.  until them.

It was and is through them I know how much our ABBA loves each one of us.  The love I have for them is just an inkling of how He feels about us.  About how much He sacrificed - for us.

It is because of them I know the desire to draw near.  To hold their name near and dear to my heart.  To have my heart swell up to bursting in hearing their voice, seeing their face, just being - with them.

For the past 31 years I have given thanks to my ABBA for the honor, the pleasure, the gift of  celebrating "Mom's Day".  And today I celebrate my first "Mom's Day" as a grandma. 

How I have given thanks. 

They are the best of me.  And they are His.

"We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks, For Your name is near"

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deby, great post and reminder of how blessed we are to be moms!
God bless
Tracy

deby said...

You are welcome! I can remember a time when I was younger and didn't think I wanted to be a mom. I know not every woman desires to be a mom, but so thankful our ABBA knows our hearts better than we do and blessed me with the role!