Sunday, September 18, 2016

"Beyond My Dreams" - 09/18/16 - Zechariah 1-7

"Well, the message hasn't changed. God-of-the-Angel-Armies said then and says now: "'Treat one another justly. Love your neighbors. Be compassionate with each other.  Don't take advantage of widows, orphans, visitors, and the poor. Don't plot and scheme against one another - that's evil.'  (7:9-10)


 It was a day spent watching Charlie play football and soccer.  Getting hugs and smiles from Ella as she played in the grass by the fields.  The weather was perfect for being outside.  During the day we were surprised by a pop in visit from my soul sister, Teresa, and "our" shared girls, Katie and Krissy.  As I drove away from Adam and Ashley's home, I couldn't help but smile.  How blessed am I in the relationships I share with them and Nichalas and Amber.

For the past seven years, we have been meeting almost every Wednesday for Bible Study with persons who have become our "family".  I love when out and about, looking over and seeing one of them.  The connection that is there and knowing it is only growing stronger with each passing day.

Every other Tuesday there is a group of women, His Beloved, who meet to study His Word, grow together "in" Him.  This group of sisters He has brought together to share life with. 


I think about all of the people in our lives, some for many seasons, and have to sit back, undo my top button, because my life is so full.  He has taken strangers and created a family.  The freedom to be myself, to know without doubt I am loved, accepted, treasured, cherished, is a gift I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.  The joy of knowing and hearing encouragement, delighting in the blend of "us" as we share and create new moments and memories.  The security and peace of acceptance, being lifted up and not torn down, seeing me as I am - His.  The blessings of being surrounded by Him through His family.


It is only by being "in" Him and surrounded with His family that I am able to endure the tortures satan throws up at me.  My family not only loves me through Him, they hold me accountable, grow, nurture, replenish, and refresh me. 


How very blessed am I.  My cup runneth over.
 
 

No comments: