Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"His Strength" - 09/14/16 - Daniel 10-12


"Then again, the one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthen me.  And he said, "O man greatly beloved, fear not!  Peace be to you; be strong.  Yes!  Be strong!" (10:18-19)

Thanking Him for His verses today - that not once, but twice He tells me not to be afraid - that He knows my hearts desires -  that all will be more than okay - it will be all right.  To take courage in Him - to be strong in Him. 

It's funny, in a way, how we can fool ourselves into thinking things are "safer".  I seem to have less fears about losing one of our children, grandchildren, if I know they are in their homes or going about their normal day to day events.  The reality is - death doesn't have a selected place to call on.

Today, I am asking for prayers while struggling not to let the "what if" fear sink in and take control.  Bringing along with it worry and doubt.  Nichalas and Amber will be flying out 3pm Arizonian time headed to Boston, renting a car and arriving at their final destination around midnight.

I am over the top excited they will be joining all of Amber's family for a cousin's wedding.  For all the memories they will be creating.  For all the sight seeing they will be squeezing into their weekend. 

It is knowing they will be out of their comfort zone - in the air more precisely. 

These are the moments I struggle with not making their lives all about "me".  I struggle with the fears of death coming in and robbing these pieces of my heart that live outside of my body.  I struggle with being vulnerable as I trust in my ABBA. 

These are the moments when loving so much it hurts.  Exposing the very core of you.  Knowing all you find comfort in could be swept away in but a moment. 
These are the moments when He reminds me I need - need - to allow Him to fill up my all.  Not this wonderful, goofy, beautiful family He has blessed me with.  Nor His family or my friends.  But HIM.  Only "He" will never be taken away from me. And only "He" is whom I am able to stand firm in/on and gain strength. 

The Truth is in Him. His Words. His promises.  In knowing one day in Heaven, His Beloved will all be together 24/7.  There will be no more pain.  no more death.  no more separation.  no more doubt. no more tears.  and finally.  NO MORE FEAR.

No matter what this world or satan attack His Beloved with, He's got all under control.  He never lets His go. 

"don’t be afraid. From the moment you decided to humble yourself to receive understanding, your prayer was heard, and I set out to come to you."(Daniel 10:12)

"and I set out to come to you." 
And He did - Jesus Christ our Savior.  He did.




No comments: