Saturday, August 26, 2017

"He Gives A Taste Of Heaven" - 08/26/17 - Esther 4-6

                   
 
 
"When Mordecai learned what had been done, he ripped his clothes to shreds and put on sackcloth and ashes. Then he went out in the streets of the city crying out in loud and bitter cries." (4:1)
 
We stood in the outer foyer sharing conversations with those who had progressed through the line.  Parts of my heart were standing there receiving those who had come to pay tribute to the man who lay in the coffin they walked by as they exited the room.   
 
My heart breaks for the pain and sorrow. 
 
Death was not part of our ABBA's plan when He created this world. 
 
I wonder if He reacted as Mordecai did when Eve took the first bite of the apple. 
 
Knowing because of that first bite all was changed.  Death had entered into the picture of His beautiful Eden.  Sin had come between the face to face time He had so delighted in with His children.
 
As I watched those in line there were faces which seemed familiar, but older and I couldn't take their name from the tip of my tongue.  I realized they were probably thinking the same about mine when their eyes rested upon me. 
 
Time has a way of flying by and stealing from us the youth of our bodies.  Of the day when we are no longer together here on this earth.
 
So many memories have went through my mind.  Each one accompanied with a heartsmile as I remember my Uncle Ray.  He was my first crush.  It took awhile for me to get over the hurt when he married Sandi.  (So thankful he did!)  This man always, always had a grin for me with sparkling eyes to match.  I thought about how much this family of mine has endured over the years.  The loss of two sons hits high on the list.  The fighting to survive the grief and binding together, becoming stronger has been such an inspiration to myself and so many. 
 
My heart breaks for my Aunt Sandi who no longer has her best friend of 52 years by her side.  My heart breaks for my "little sis" Teresa who no longer is able to hold her daddy's hand.  My heart breaks for Tim, the soninlove, who will no longer have the times of farming side by side with his bonus dad. My heart breaks for Michael, the only grandchild, his wife Emy, who will no longer have this man to share their youthful adventures with. 
 
I am so thankful knowing no matter how much my heart breaks for these precious treasures of my heart, our ABBA's breaks even more and is there to comfort them.  He did not intend for our hearts to break.  Ever. 
 
In His sorrow, He then gave us The Bridge, to overcome the gap sin created, in the gift of our Savior.  He created The Way Home. 
 
How much I rejoice knowing in Heaven  "He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)
 
Until Heaven Uncle Ray.  Thank you for being there for me.  for loving me.  for a taste of Heaven. 
I so love, love, love you and yours.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: