Thursday, August 24, 2017

"In Him - We Delight" - 08/24/17 - Ecclesiastes 9-12



"Oh, how sweet the light of day, And how wonderful to live in the sunshine! 
Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted.
Take delight in each light-filled hour" (11:7-8)


 A few years ago, while driving across the Hannibal bridge, ABBA was showing off.

On the right side of the bridge the blue sky was filled with sunshine and white fluffy clouds. 

The left side, no more than 200 yards away, the sky was dark and angry.  The rains were coming down so hard I couldn't see the river.

I can remember wanting to just stop and watch His complete control over the elements, but due to other traffic had to press on.

I love watching His storms.  I love His rains.  But more than anything - I love feeling the warmth of His sun upon my face.  A hug from my ABBA.  The wind blowing gently across my face.  A kiss from my ABBA. 

Although I love the work He has blessed me with (I do so delight working out in His nature), I love even more delighting in living in a life drenched in His "Son"shine - each and every Son filled moment.

I pray for all to know an intimacy with Him.  To look up and feel Him covering you inside and out with His wonderful, marvelous, glorious, Awesome "Son"shine. 


The Cross gave us access to our ABBA. 


No need for sunblock - His "Son"shine is guaranteed to be cleansing in all ways.  Purifying us from the cancer of sin, won't burn you to a crisp - causing only healthy, fruit producing growth.  I love how He has opened my eyes to be thankful for each and every day - not taking life for granted. 

Basking in His "Son"shine.






No comments: