Tuesday, August 01, 2017

"Loving Us" - 08/01/17 - Proverbs 19-21





"He who gets Wisdom loves his own soul." (19:8)


This verse hit me in between the eyes a number of years ago.  I realized I didn't love "me".  Love "me"  as He loves "me".  

Because of that, I was allowing myself to be in situations I felt worthy - or rather unworthy -of.  I believed I wasn't included in the Promises He has told each of us, we are given.  

I was also searching for Love in all the wrong places.

Through His Word, He has transformed my eyesight when looking at "me".  For the most part, He is transforming me to be able to see "me" through His eyes.  To ignore and cast aside the lies of the world and my "self".  Yes, I still fight the urge to believe, "I am too fat, too ugly, too stupid, too much bad/evil", to amount to whom He designed "me" to be. 

We are promised the gift of Wisdom through knowing His Word.

It is through Wisdom we are able to love our own soul - as He does.

Not the way of the world, which only promotes self love. 

Loving our own soul as He does, it promotes growth in our love for our ABBA and for others. 

Because when we love our own soul as He does, "self" doesn't matter anymore. 






No comments: