Sunday, October 12, 2014

"Adding more to His family" - 10/12/14 - Matthew 11

"Abruptly Jesus broke into prayer: "Thank you, Father, Lord of Heaven and earth. You've concealed Your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people.  Yes, Father, that's the way You like to work." Jesus resumed talking to the people, but now tenderly. "The Father has given Me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge. No one knows The Son the way The Father does, nor The Father the way The Son does. But I'm not keeping it to Myself; I'm ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen.


"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. 


Keep company with Me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."(25-30)


I stood there and looked about.   Surrounded by my precious sisters.  Warmth radiating and covering all who shared in the Crumrine baby shower today.  Excitement in the welcoming of not one, but two, new little ones for parts of our hearts.  ABBA is growing His family through the awe of birth. 


The joy of being a servant for Him was rewarded, as I was hugged, greeted, kissed.  My soul being filled up, ABBA kept reminding me over and over - here are My Beloveds. Sharing life together through Me with you. 


Ordinary people transformed into ones I hold dearly into my heart.  Bonded in and through our Savior. 


I thought about those He has placed into my life and I lift them up in thanksgiving for the blessings He rains down upon me through them.  Most of them haven't a clue the value they are, for they see themselves as just - ordinary.


How much growth I have gleaned from just watching them, talking with them, listening to them, delighting in them.  How much they allow our ABBA to shine through them in all they are.


His ways of blending us together into His one family cause me to smile and shake my head at again, another act of His wonderment.  We are The Kingdom come.  We are who He shines through.  These verses are only one of the many examples He shares in how He provides our togetherness, in order to give the needed for each other.  Lifting each other up to perform the dance toward our eternal Home with Him. 


"Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you." 


Never are we alone "in" Him. 

No comments: