Saturday, October 04, 2014

"IGNITED" - 10/04/14 - Matthew 3, Mark 1, Luke 3

"But John intervened: "I'm baptizing you here in the river. The main character in this drama, to whom I'm a mere stagehand, will ignite the kingdom life, a fire, the Holy Spirit within you, changing you from the inside out.   He's going to clean house - make a clean sweep of your lives. He'll place everything true in its proper place before God; everything false he'll put out with the trash to be burned."   There was a lot more of this - words that gave strength to the people, words that put heart in them. The Message!"(Luke 3:16-18)


What a wonderful change in my life has been brought
Since Jesus came into my heart
I had lied in my soul for so long I have sought
When Jesus came into my heart

Since Jesus came into my heart
Since Jesus came into my heart
Floods of joy fill my soul like
When sea billows roll
Since Jesus came into my heart


The words came flooding back from my growing up years, often singing this old hymn during worship time in church.  They really didn't mean anything then, I was just doing lip service. 


In His transforming my soul, no longer are they meaningless words.  The words I now sing are praise to Him.  Prayers to Him. 


I so love the Word He has given me this day.  Read them again.  Chew on them.  Think about how much your life and heart has changed because of Him.  How much excitement there is in your life, replacing all the negative, because of your faith and trust in Him being in charge of you.  your heart.  your life.  Look back at where He has brought you through and how His Glory now brings His Light to the darkness.  How He has completely transformed you.  How it is becoming less and less of you and more and more of Him. 


"The main character in this drama, to whom I'm a mere stagehand, will ignite the kingdom life, a fire, the Holy Spirit within you, changing you from the inside out.   He's going to clean house - make a clean sweep of your lives. He'll place everything true in its proper place before God; everything false he'll put out with the trash to be burned."   There was a lot more of this - words that gave strength to the people, words that put heart in them. The Message!"



No comments: