Thursday, June 04, 2015

"Be His Invaluable Jewel" - 06/04/15 - Proverbs 4-6

"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day."(4:18)

I sat on the floor last night, part of the Wednesday night circle which is made up of my family. 
My family bonded forever together through The Blood of our Savior.

We have been studying Revelation.  Lots of questions.  Lots of discussion.

And lots of growth.

Each week I sit in wonderment of those He has blessed into my life and heart.  Our home is bursting at the seams with the wisdom He has placed within these siblings of mine.  How much I have learned, am learning, will learn from each one of them. 

I am delighting in His words from the lips of our Ruby. 

She isn't very big, she has lived longer on this earth and experienced more than myself or the others.  But upon reading this verse today, I instantly thought of her. 

She isn't growing dimmer with the years, she is growing brighter.  The Light of our ABBA is shinning out through her eyes so brightly, they twinkle.  Her gentle smile has taken on the one from our Savior.  Her whole demeanor is filled with quiet, yet strong, grace.  Looking at her is looking at "the full light of day". 

I think about how she has lived up to the name her parents gave her.  Ruby. 
She literally sparkles, just like a rare, perfect, beautiful jewel in our ABBA's  crown.  Invaluable.



There are others in my life whom have walked many steps.  I think of my Wilma.  Small but mighty for Him.  She is one who isn't allowing age to hinder her in making and taking the most of this life He has given her. 

So opposite of others their age I know, who have decided to sit back and wait for their time to end.  So many who have decided to make living all about them.  Missing out on many opportunities because they have decided to continually look inward and not outward. 

I don't want to be the dim light of the sun just before it slips below the horizon.  I desire to allow Him to shine through me "shining ever brighter till the full light of day", no matter my age. 

                                                        

No comments: