Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"What Will Be Your Final Verdict" - 06/23/15 - 2 Chronicles 10-12

But the final verdict on Rehoboam was that he was a bad king - God was not important to him; his heart neither cared for nor sought after God.(12:14)


"The only time I've thought, "Wow, maybe there is a god,' was when I saw an exhibition of spectacularly gorgeous minerals from the bowels of the earth."
"The acclaimed actress speaks her mind on sex, love, solitude,- and her passion for pomegranates."
Helen Mirren

Passion for pomegranates. 

I put the magazine down after reading this article, but haven't been able to remove the sadness that came upon me.  For a number of years I have enjoyed her acting talents, but now all I can think of when she comes to mind is how very sad to live life without ABBA as the center. 

How sad to not even acknowledge "maybe there is a god", when all about us is miracle after miracle, proof of His Awesomeness. 
Perhaps I feel such a sadness because it reminds me of when I lived in such a way.  When my "passion" was for self and this world, "for pomegranates".  So pathetic.  So empty. 

So lost.

While reading The Scriptures from these past few days, accounts of all the wars, the sin infested ways of the people, reminds me of much of our world today.  And only because ABBA has transformed my heart am I able to be filled with sorrow, compassion, instead of self-righteousness. 

Thinking back through my life, I am able to pinpoint certain persons who I know continually prayed for me.  I am able to remember older women in the church who were vessels and examples of our Christ.  Men of God come to mind in the spiritual examples of ABBA's Holy Love.  For all of them I am thankful, even though it is only in looking back I am able to see what I didn't see then - a lifeline to my ABBA. 

I pray He uses me the same way.  I pray I am able to be His lifeline to Him for those who are lost.  Those who are searching.  Those who are unaware of Him. 

I pray not only for myself, but all He has touched in my living for Him - the complete opposite of this verse -  "But the final verdict on Rehoboam was that he was a bad king - God was not important to him; his heart neither cared for nor sought after God.(12:14) 

I pray the sadness never leaves me, so I may not lose the urgency or compassion for those who are not "in" our ABBA.

No comments: