Thursday, April 28, 2016

"Each Moment" - 04/28/16 - Psalm 81, 88, 92-93


"Thy Throne is established from of old;
Thou art from everlasting." (93:2)   
 
The Lord on high is Mightier 
than the noise of many waters."(93:4)   
 
Last night, tornado warnings were out, some were seen and touched down.  The lightening show He put on was phenomenal, with the music of thunder touching my soul.
 
I love snuggling down under the covers while listening to the sounds of His nature, grateful for our window covered by the tin roof of our back deck which allows it to be open.   I could hear the sounds of the rains, the hail, the winds plummeting down and around our home, at times drowning out the windchimes ringing out their song.   My mind raced about thinking of the damage the hail could be doing to the plants, vehicles, roofs.  How thankful I am we have never had water in our basement, no matter how much or how hard it has rained. 
 
As the hail continued, my mind went to the Scriptures of the account where God had hail rain down upon Egypt when Moses asked Pharaoh to let God's people go.  So many ways God tried to persuade Pharaoh to turn towards Him and not "self".  As I lay there thinking about how the constant noise from the storms had to weigh on their nerves, it occurred to me once again, He has been and is always in control. 
 
Throughout the all of my life.  
 
And I wondered if I am as Pharaoh, standing on "self"?  Or am I as Moses before the burning bush.  Taking off my shoes, bowing down, because I am on Holy Ground. 

In all moments on this journey - what or who am I standing before? 

Is it before various idols I have chosen to worship?

Idols of worry, fear, status, money - idols of this world?
Idols which come between my ABBA and me.

Is it my ABBA - sitting on His Throne? 
The Almighty. 
The Eternal. 

What do I place my faith, my hope, my joy, my confidence, my all in? 
Do I go before Him each day and crawl up into His lap? 
Do I take for granted how He delights in me?
Do I take for granted He gave His only Begotten Son for me?
Do I take for granted because of Christ, I am able to come before Him continually? 
To share "me" with Him?
To be with Him?
To draw strength, God-fidence, Love from?

Our ABBA isn't sitting on a Throne away from us. 
He sits on a Throne which can include we who are in Christ. 
It's our choice to act upon His outstretched arms. 
Arms which want nothing more than to encircle us. 
Arms which want nothing more than to hold us next to His Heart.

Each moment.  Eternally.
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: