Monday, December 26, 2016

"A Winner" - 12/26/15 - Revelation 1-5



 "Look at Me. I stand at the door.
I knock.
If you hear Me call and open the door,
I'll come right in and sit down to supper with you."(3:20)

There was a show I enjoyed as a kid, "Let's Make A Deal".  The remaining contestants at the end of the show were asked to pick Door 1 or 2 or 3.  I would always become nervous because usually, they had to give up some pretty neat prizes won thus far for the chance to choose.  There was never a guarantee that behind the door were better prizes.  More often than not, they weren't  the "winner" and walked away a "loser".

Reading these Scriptures today reminded me of this game show.  I also noticed for the first time, it isn't a blind choice.  Christ is telling us, "Look at Me.  I stand at the door. I knock.  If you hear me call."

He isn't leaving anything to chance.  We not only see Him standing there, He is knocking at which door we are to open and He is calling out to each of us.  Each and every one of us. 

And "if" -
"if" we open the door He is knocking on,
there isn't any hesitation. 
"I'll come right in and sit down to supper with you."

The neatest part of all this, I know He isn't coming as a guest, but as family.  He wants not only to sit down and share supper, He wants to share all of life with us. He wants to walk each step with us on this journey towards Home.

He won't be exiting out that door, unless we show Him out.
He is here to stay.

"HE" is why in Him, we are never a "loser", but forever a "winner".  No games about it. 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: