Saturday, December 31, 2016

"He Realigns My Focus" - 12/31/16 - Revelation 20-22




"I saw Heaven and earth new-created. Gone the first Heaven, gone the first earth, gone the sea.        
I saw Holy Jerusalem, new-created, descending resplendent out of Heaven, as ready for God as a bride for her husband.        
I heard a voice thunder from the Throne:
 
"Look! Look!
God has moved into the neighborhood,
making His home with men and women!
 
They're His people,
He's their God.     
   
He'll wipe every tear from their eyes.
 
Death is gone for good - tears gone, crying gone, pain gone -
 
all the first order of things gone."(21:1-4)
 
 
 
It at times is hard for me to let go.  It at times is hard for me to comprehend the blessings I have here on earth, are just a mild taste of those to come when in Heaven.  It is at times hard for me not to take onto and focus on the joys I have here, instead of focusing on Eternity.

My "Taste of Heaven" here fills so much of me and those are the times I don't want to let it go.  Why?  Because there are more times often than not,  I am just plain out selfish.  When I am focusing on me and getting my voids filled with my "Taste of Heaven" here, rather than letting go in anticipation of Eternity.  In my trying to hang onto these "Taste of Heaven", I become like a self-centered child.  When the unfairness of life steps in - and it will - anger, bitterness, unforgiveness seeps in as I focus more on what I don't have, instead of all He has blessed me with. 

These past few days my heart is so full.  The gift of having all of us together - at any given time - any place.  I struggle right now in knowing within just a few short days, again parts of our heart will be separated by several hundred miles.  I struggle knowing it may well be a full year before the short time of being together happens again. 
 
In His own special way, ABBA helps me see, my clinging onto "the Taste of Heaven", is a hindrance to not only myself, but to others.  In my clinging, I am putting a burden on others to fill my void.  I am to cherish those moments, not allow them to fill my God-void. 
 
He has helped me see (again) the many ways, be it here in Quincy or Phoenix, He is using each of us where we are planted in leading others to Him.  Others that see no other "Christ".  It is during my selfishness I miss the point of why we are here and where our steps fall is not an accident or coincidence.  All is in His control and for His Glory. 
 
Our living on this earth is to be about Eternity. 
 
He (again) realigns my focus once more as I read His Word: 
 
"He who testifies to all these things says it again: "I'm on my way! I'll be there soon!" Yes! Come, Master Jesus!
       
The grace of The Master Jesus be with all of you. Oh, Yes!"(22:20-21)
 
And we shall hear,
 
"Look! Look!
God has moved into the neighborhood,
making His home with men and women!
 
We are His people,
He's our God.     
   
He'll wipe every tear from our eyes.
 
Death is gone for good - tears gone, crying gone, pain gone -
 
all the first order of things gone."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: