Friday, December 02, 2016

"Being Part Of The Rescue Operation" - 12/02/16 - 2 Corinthians 1-4




 
"And He did it, rescued us from certain doom.
And He'll do it again, rescuing us as many times as we need rescuing.       
You and your prayers are part of the rescue operation -
 
I don't want you in the dark about that either.
I can see your faces even now, lifted in praise for God's deliverance of us,
a rescue in which your prayers played such a crucial part."(1:10-11)
 


 Thinking back, the times I usually think my prayers aren't being heard, is when ABBA answers them His way instead of my way.  The times I feel my life has no meaning, I have no meaning, thinking life is so unfair - those are the times I am focused on "self" and not focusing on Him. 
 
Those are the times I am not praying.

Hmmmmm.

I am so in love with our ABBA. 
He could have made it so 'we' weren't needed. 
Done everything on His own. 

But - He created us with the need to be 'needed' and utilizes that 'need' all of the time. 

He is the only one who can fill the Need Void within us.  Nothing or no one else is able to. 

So, the next time you are feeling 'you' aren't someone special.  'You' aren't someone He needs. 
Think about what Paul wrote - "You and your prayers are part of the rescue operation".

Wow. 

How amazing is that. 
 
The Creator of all, utilizes 'us' - each and every one of 'us' - as part of His rescue operation for those who are lost.  Not for our glory, but His.
 
"You and your prayers are part of the rescue operation".  
'You' - who are "fearfully and wonderfully made".  Throughout Scripture we are able to read prayers given over 'us' by the saints of old.  By our Christ. 
We too must keep on praying on for someone somewhere has and is praying for 'you'.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: