Tuesday, December 27, 2016

"In Total Control" - 12/27/16 - Revelation 6-11



"Then he told me, “These are those who come from the great tribulation, and they’ve washed their robes, scrubbed them clean in the blood of the Lamb. That’s why they’re standing before God’s Throne. They serve Him day and night in His Temple. The One on the Throne will pitch His tent there for them: no more hunger, no more thirst, no more scorching heat. The Lamb on The Throne will shepherd them, will lead them to spring waters of Life. And God will wipe every last tear from their eyes.” (7:14-17)




Running through my mind I think about recent news I have learned.  There are those in His family who are going through their battle against a cancer.  Another has lost her husband on CHRISTmas day and will be laying him in a grave this Thursday.  A call from my cousin tells me our grandmother is becoming more and more confused. I listen to the news and so much sorrow.  so much pain.  so much our ABBA did not intend to be, when He created this earth.  Us.  

I think about trials and tribulations, seeing it isn't the same for each person. What one may breeze through, another may not be able to lift ones foot for many days to overcome.  God knows each of our hearts better than we do.  He knows what is a trial and tribulation for each of us.  And He is in control. 

At times when doubts about His being in control seep in, His Word again confirms that He is.

"Immediately I saw Four Angels standing at the four corners of earth, standing steady with a firm grip on the four winds so no wind would blow on earth or sea, not even rustle a tree." (7:1) 

We are able to utilize the wind, create a false wind, thinking we are in control with our abilities. 

But, only He is able to produce and harness it. The wind - an unseen force - yet He has His angels stand steady in the power of it while they hold it back with a firm grip. He knows we need His help to overcome. He wants us to rely on His strength, not our own to prevail - to become stronger in Him. For others to learn from. To lead. To be teachers.  



How I love the wind.  On a hot summer day, its gentle, cooling caress across my face. 

A Kiss from my ABBA. 

Standing in the middle of His open fields, the dark clouds billowing about, circling high above my head.  The winds sweeping down, causing the trees and grasses to bow down low before Him.  Surrounding me within His whirlwind, useless are my hands in trying to hold my hair from my eyes. 












                           
                                                                                                                       
His strength is felt as                                                                                                                   
winds press against me. 







His winds,
growing the waves to heights unimaginable in the vast open seas, carried to rest on the shores,
miles away. 
















His winds, are able to blaze heat across the plains, burning the grasses with the help of His sun. 














And then the season of coldness,
                                       
                                                        turning everything it touches into His sparkling ice.



How all of His Winds, are in His control, even when from our viewpoint they run wild. 

Such is our life.

At all times, He is in total control.  No matter the celebrations, times of rest, circumstances, situations, trials, tribulations. 


He. is. in. total. control. 


Knowing He is able to control the winds, to such a point as to "not even rustle a tree".

How then.......
why then..............
at times do we doubt.
He is "I AM"

No comments: