Thursday, March 02, 2017

"Clothed In Him" - 03/02/17 - Deuteronomy 8-10



 
"So now, what do you think God expects from you?
 
Just this: Live in His presence in Holy reverence, follow the road He sets out for you,
love Him,
serve God,
your God,
with everything you have in you,
obey the commandments and regulations of God that I’m commanding you today—
live a good life.
 
Look around you: Everything you see is God’s—the heavens above and beyond, the Earth, and everything on it.
 
But it was your ancestors who God fell in love with; He picked their children—that’s you!—out of all the other peoples.
 
That’s where we are right now. So cut away the thick calluses from your heart and stop being so willfully hardheaded.
 
God, your God, is The God of all gods,
He’s The Master of all masters,
a God immense and powerful and awesome.
 
He doesn’t play favorites,
takes no bribes,
makes sure orphans and widows are treated fairly,
takes loving care of foreigners by seeing that they get food and clothing" (10:12-18)
 
 
There are moments when I am startled at how quickly we humans can be filled up with hatred.  vengeful thinking.  bitterness and anger. 
 
We are told way back in the beginning of Genesis:
Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?
"If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up?
And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door;
and its desire is for you, but you must master it."  
Cain told Abel his brother.
And it came about when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.…(4:6-8)
 


 

A few years ago, our Bible Study group did a study, "A Wardrobe from The King - putting on The Armor of God".  This has to be one of the best studies I have done.  At the time of the study, He knew I needed it for it went into into my heart and stuck.


Nothing is by chance. 

He has total control in all things. 

He knew my heart was at the place where I would be receptive and transform to equipping myself with His Armor each and every day.  Through the trials and tribulations I had been asking Him to remove the sin from my heart. 

Asking?  No begging. 

Falling head over heels in love with my ABBA has brought me to the place where I so want and desire to be more like Him.  By "cutting away the calluses from my heart", I am finally able to see and rejoice in Him in all things.  He is everywhere! 

My calluses were the result of picking up doubt and letting it escalate into sins.  Sin had become a part of my heart and was affecting my vision.  Being so willfully hardheaded in believing the lies of the world and not having Trust in His Truth was affecting every single aspect of my life - including my relationship with Him.

Instead of putting on His Armor, I was putting on my self-designed original. 

So much like the fashion knockoffs you can purchase through the black market.  They may look much like the original, but they aren't as well made, lesser quality products, and flaws galore when you really check it out.

I had fooled myself into thinking my design was better equipped for the spiritual battles raging about me. 

I had convinced myself I needed to be in control and handle the situations when they came up. 
 
That was "my" job. 
Not His.
 
Until I finally gave over my "self", I was so concentrated on keeping up my design, I was missing Him all around me.  Everything about me was focused on getting revenge or defense.  I wasn't living a good life.  My life was miserable.  The sick, ugh feeling, never left the pit of my stomach.  Fear, bitterness, hate - were only a few of my constant companions. 
 
I was entertaining the sin crouching at my door.
 
I began an in-depth study on our Christ sharing life with the Pharisees, His family, the crowds, the believers and unbelievers.  In how He dealt with them during His time here on earth. 

 Finally, I heard Him loud and clear and now put on His Designer Original each and every day. 
 
"So now "Deby", what do you think God expects from you? Just this: Live in His presence in Holy reverence, follow the road He sets out for you, love Him, serve God, your God, with everything you have in you, obey the commandments and regulations of God that I’m commanding you today—live a good life."

Love Him, serve Him, with everything I have in me.  Follow the road He "sets" out for me. 

Finally - put on "His" armor.  Let Him take care of the fight. 

"Live a good life". 
 
And the life I have may at times be filled with what the world deems as bad, my life - it is good.  So blessed am I for I stand "in" Him.  Clothed in His Armor.  Not my "self" designed original.
 
And the exciting part of His Armor - He has made a perfectly fitting Armor for each one of us.  All we have to do is put it on.  Each and every day. 
 

A Fight to the Finish

 "And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and He wants you strong. So take everything The Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we’ll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the devil and all his angels.

Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out."  (Ephesians 6:10-18)







 

No comments: