Thursday, March 16, 2017

"Prioritize" - 03/11/17 - Joshua 1-4




"Don't get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you're going.
And don't for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind.
Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it.
Then you'll get where you're going;
then you'll succeed.
Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage!
Don't be timid;
don't get discouraged.
God,
your God,
is with you every step you take." (1:8-9)
 

 

Throughout the past years whenever I would try to speak to my G'ma Jones in regard to her salvation, I would be gently brushed off or she would change the subject.  I spent many moments praying for our ABBA to use me, if needed, to lead her to Him. 
 
Upon seeing her that day on our hurried return from Arizona a couple of weeks ago, I felt the opportunity had passed.  And still I prayed. 
 
Our ABBA.  His ways.  His timing.  He is so overwhelmingly amazing. 
 
Looking back over her last days I am able to see how His Hand was in the midst of all.  It was exactly two weeks ago today I found myself alone with her.  That in itself was a miracle because she was always surrounded by persons caring and loving on her.  For two whole hours it was just her and me.  And we talked. 
 
Another miracle.  During those two hours she never slept.  she never wavered in her mind.  she was there with me.  And we were alone with our ABBA. 
 
Out of the blue she looked at me and said, "I sure hope I get to go to Heaven." 
 
And I stepped through the door He was holding open. 
 
He answered the years of heartfelt prayers I had lifted up to Him and used me in letting her know, without doubt, our Savior is The Key to Heaven.  Our Savior, whom she accepted.
 
I smile.  At how overwhelmingly amazing is our ABBA.  It was shortly after He used me, our time together was joined by others and she began to be asleep more than awake.  And in the times of wakefulness, she wasn't ever alert as she had been during those two hours we "three" were together. 
 
I kneel before Him.  Humbled.  Honored.  Blessed.  He used me to be His vessel in bringing my g'ma Home.
 
And I would have missed this blessing had I not followed His prioritizing of my life. 

If I allowed myself, thoughts of death could consume me. Scare me. Become my obsession. God tells me to meditate on His Word - day and night. He promises me I'll get where He wants me to go, if I stay focused on Him. Life isn't an easy journey. But, walking in Him there are blessings in all things, situations. It is through Him I also receive strength and courage.

He has shown me to savor each moment. Do I look back at the end of my day and smile at how I have spent my time? I started keeping a separate journal this year listing only in it what made me smile that day. I don't want to forget, or take for granted, the big or small smiles He has given me. I don't want to let fear of growing older, of death rob me of those.
  
He tells me not to be timid. Embrace my fears, get to know them - dance with them - then they can no longer have a hold on me. He is with me every single step of the way. Being in His Word every day has transformed my heart and focus. He is everywhere I look. He is enabling me to savor life, set my priorities to His measuring stick not mine. That living here on this earth really isn't what it is all about. That really living is living with Him eternally.
 
There is nothing that can stop time except to die. Until that happens - it does march on. I am blessed with many memories. Blessed with the fact the reason I dread separation that death brings for those I love is because He taught me how to love deeply. He has blessed me with the promise as long as I am alive, there will be more smiles. Blessed in knowing He conquered death.
 
So my lesson from Him - "Don't get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you're going" - be it with thoughts of aging, death, memories, things of this world. My number one job in my journey of life is to go and make disciples. Too many are dying not knowing Him. Too many moments are being spent without Him being the focus. Too many are living in total fear of death.
 
Over and over He has shown me to cherish each and every moment.
 
Make a date on your calendar with those He has put into your life.
 
 
And make it happen.
 
 
Time goes - too fast, too soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: