Sunday, July 30, 2017

"His Revenue" - 07/30/17 - Proverbs 13-15





"Where no oxen are,
the manger is clean,
But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox."(14:4)





I'm not calling our visitors oxen.  But I am thinking how much our home relates to this verse when we have persons come to stay.

Whenever visits come to an end and all head back, scattered throughout our home are reminders of how full this place is whenever someone has been here.  Just like my heart. 

The voices.  The laughter. Will always ring through my ears.  The times of being all together.  The images of each one pressed into my heart, as keepsakes between the pages of a book. 

I try to ready our home before anyone coming with putting most everything in its place, except where we are remodeling the downstairs (still).  The floors will be clean.  things will be dusted.  laundry caught up.  beds will be made with freshly washed and hung on the clothes line sheets. 

My manger will be clean.  It will be organized and ready. 

And so, so empty. 

Of life.

So much strength do I gather from those who come into this home.  their wisdom.  their unconditional love.  their delight in living life.  their sharing.  their caring.  their welcoming us into their hearts and lives.

One dear brother, Steve, would say often throughout their days of a visit, "this is a glimpse of what Heaven will be like when we are all together under one roof".  For eternity.  How much I agree with him.

"Much revenue" I have gained when our home is filled - money does not count as my wealth. 
 







No comments: