Monday, January 23, 2012

01/16/12 - thankful for all things

Gen 45:5,7
5 But don't feel badly, don't blame yourselves for selling me. God was behind it. God sent me here ahead of you to save lives. 7 God sent me on ahead to pave the way and make sure there was a remnant in the land, to save your lives in an amazing act of deliverance.

Joseph speaks to his brothers, he said he knew God had delivered him there to save the lineage. But, why all the drama up to this point? To test their hearts? To let them see how much God is in control? To see how much they really have no power or control and let them see that their lives were literally in his hands? And again, favoritism reared it's ugly head. How Simon must have felt being held in prison until they returned for him. How the brothers couldn't hide from or deny their fathers' favoritism towards Benjamin.

 God is using me as a vessel for Him to "save the lineage" - bring others to Him. As Paul writes, "be thankful for all things." I am getting there. And what a lesson in forgiveness Joseph has taught me.

No comments: