Saturday, January 28, 2012

01/28/12 - Corrections

Job 33:29-30 "This is the way God works. Over and over again He pulls our souls back from certain destruction so we'll see the light—and live in the light!

How thankful I am for you and your control. Your way. Whenever I think back on the steps I have taken, and where I could be today without you, it shames and humbles me. How much you love me. How often you took care of me - even when I wasn't aware of your care. Through all the mistakes, you were there. Thank you.

I am so blessed - so grateful - so relieved and free - that because I am in you it is all wiped clean. No more.

Curt and I were talking last night about how when we think of how we parented - Adam especially - the way we snuffed out who you designed him to be - and tried to mold him into our image of the perfect child. It brings tears to my eyes and I even feel sick to my stomach. Curt does too.

That is my greatest wish for a do-over. How often I regret I was not the woman in God that I am today to raise them. How so very thankful I am that you are bigger than our mistakes. that you have taken both of them and they are men of you - in you. I pray Adam will forgive me - more than that - that I will forgive me.

I see now satan wants me to cling to those feelings of failure. Adam doesn't feel that way. I know he loves me and has said many times what a wonderful childhood he had. They have both shared often how they wish they could go back in time. Thank you for your wisdom that lives within me through your word. To speak truth to me when I hear the lies of satan and self.

Job 32:8 "It's God's Spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty One, that makes wise human insight possible." Only then am I able to see myself correctly - through you. "For I am fearfully and wonderfully made".

How your Word rebuilds me and strengthens me - corrects my vision.

No comments: