Thursday, January 26, 2012

01/26/12 - An onion

Job 28:27,28 He focused on Wisdom, made sure it was all set and tested and ready.
Then He addressed the human race: 'Here it is!
Fear-of-the-Lord—that's Wisdom,and Insight means shunning evil.'"

Do I shun evil? I feel like I am an onion and you are peeling off the layers. I have fallen in love with your wisdom. What a wonderful leader for my life. I know the issues I struggle with are its' way of cleansing me for you.

While sitting and listening in Disciple class last night, I am well aware that I sit in my comfort zone. Although I claim to love you so, I am still focusing so much on me and not on lost souls - or souls that you put into my life to disciple. I have always just been a "seed planter". Are you changing my job? Or is this about Curt? I could see that - I do see him as a disciple and I would be content to let him be our team leader. He has so much patience, gentleness, strength, wisdom - he really is a strong leader - he just hasn't seen himself that way - yet.

We have been challenged to pray every day for a person to disciple and see who God puts into our path. Help me to set aside me and focus on you. To look at the world through your eyes and not mine, so there aren't any souls I overlook. Only through your wisdom will this work - your words - your time - your way. It has to be all about you.

So today is day #1 that I begin praying for a person to disciple - please bring them into my life for you. What I hear you say through your scripture - I am giving you my Wisdom - the evil I want you to shun is that you serve your self - serve me instead.

No comments: