Monday, July 11, 2016

"Standing Firm" - 07/11/16 - Micah 1-7

"But we live honoring God, and we're loyal to our God forever and ever.
 
 "On that great day," God says,
"I will round up all the hurt and homeless, everyone I have bruised or banished.
 I will transform the battered into a company of the elite.
I will make a strong nation out of the long lost,
A showcase exhibit of God's rule in action, as I rule from Mount Zion, from here to eternity." (4:5-7)


How often we take out our sins from yesterday's and rehash them, carry the guilt and shame in our daily living. Nothing satan loves better, for it tears us down. How it saddens our ABBA. In doing this, we are saying The Sacrifice of our Savior wasn't enough. We are instead choosing to live in condemnation, rather than in His Grace and Mercy.
 
He has transformed my heart into being thankful for all of my past "Job moments". If it wasn't for the hurt and homeless moments, I wouldn't be as aware of the blessings of His family He rains down and saturates me with today. If I weren't battered from the yesterday's, I wouldn't bask in the healing balm of Love from His family He surrounds me with. If I hadn't of been lost, I wouldn't know the joy of being found by Him. I wouldn't desire Him with my all. If it wasn't for the longing in my soul when it was empty, I wouldn't know the overwhelming feelings of my thirst being quenched by His Word. If I hadn't of been weak, I wouldn't know what it is like to live in His Strength.
 
Transformation.
My heart. My life. My all.
   
In worship yesterday, I was greeted with bright eyes, hugs from the heart, from numerous siblings I see week to week.  How I have loved sharing so many "kids" throughout the years with extended family. Seeing these "kids", all grown up with little ones of their own, raising them up "in" Him.  Studying His Word throughout the week with siblings, sharing life and growing in Him together.  Affirmation from each one in how He loves us through each other.   
 
Living by ABBA's standards, unconditional love and acceptance from my "family".
Time spent in the company of the elite.
Standing on His Promises when living "in" our Savior. 
 
"Who is a God like You,
who pardons iniquity
And passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession?
HE does not retain HIS anger forever,
Because HE delights in unchanging love.
HE will again have compassion on us; 
HE will tread our iniquities under foot.
 
Yes, YOU will cast all their sins Into the depths of the sea."
(7:18-19)                                                           
 
What an Awesome God we serve - "from here to eternity". 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: