Tuesday, July 05, 2016

"The Cost of Our Freedom" - 07/05/16 - 2 Kings 16, 2 Chronicles 26



"Also he built towers in the desert.  He dug many wells, for he had much livestock, both in the lowlands and in the plains; he also had farmers and vinedressers in the mountains and in Carmel, for he loved the soil." (2 Chronicles 26:10)

There are few physical things I enjoy more than getting my hands, body, dirty while working in my gardens.  I don't mind the sweat, the bugs,  the aches and pains, that come with the joy of working the soil while making garden dreams in my mind into a reality.

These places are my "man cave" so to speak.  It is when working in His nature I feel closest to our ABBA.  I am blown away continually by His artwork.  His creation.  His overwhelming beauty. 

By HIM.

How thankful I am He placed within me this love for the soil.  To give me a place where I know the work of clearing out underbrush from our small acreage, creating gardens, will last until I am no longer able to do so.  I am so thankful in how He has blessed me in the way I am able to see things pop out through the colors, the shadow, the lines of His nature.  And how oftentimes, I stop and take it in, offering up to Him a prayer of thanksgiving.

How thankful I am He has placed me in a land where I have the freedom to have a job I love.  In how He has built up a business for us to have a livelihood, at the same time enjoyment and freedom, working in His nature. 

Last night as we sat and watched the fireworks exploding over the tree line, I again thought about the blood and sacrifices that were shed in order for us to have our freedom of celebrating 4th of July in this country.  I thought about all those throughout time who have loved "the soil" to such a degree they gave up their all for others to have the gift of freedom.

I thought again of our Savior.  The One who "loved the people".  The One who gave His life so we may live in the freedom of our ABBA. 

I pray we never forget or take for granted all He has done for us.  Giving us the Freedom from sin.

Because of how He loves us.
 
 
 
 





No comments: