Monday, August 01, 2016

"Footprints We Leave Behind" - 08/01/16 - 2 Kings 22-23; 2 Chronicles 34-35


He lived the way God wanted. He kept straight on the path blazed by his ancestor David, not one step to either left or right. (2 Kings 22:2)


With the process of aging comes the time of funerals.  It seems within the past years there have been too many times we have been standing in the line, watching pictures on a screen as we wait our turn to share a tear, a hug, a word of love and encouragement. 
 
In many of these precious photos I have caught a glimpse of a man or woman of God living life. The candid shots are always my favorite.  Each one catches the silly side of each person.  The serious side.   The smiles with their loved ones.  The depth and passion they shared with others and for living life. 
 
 One of my favorites was of a couple taken just before his funeral, outside by a fence, their lips locked in an embrace.  Each time, in each line, I have prayed for Curt and I to have the same love, devotion, passion in the years to come. 
 
Even now as I remember, the memorials of pictures continue to touch my heart.

I am reminded in how His Love is shared through His family. Of the hope that prevails through the sadness in losing a brother or sister and knowing these precious souls are with our ABBA. I am so thankful when I see the fruits of persons of God every where I look. I rejoice for those who have the blessing in knowing what a Godly husband, wife, parent is. So many blessings and encouragement I have received from the many He has put into my life while living in this world of sin. My heart is held accountable upon seeing the many others coming to pay their respects at the visitations or funerals, in how we allow the busyness of life keep us from sharing time. 

His Word spoke to me today. 
We are to be His Vessel.
 We are, through ABBA, to harvest many souls.
 Each person we encounter.
 Each person who is listening or watching from afar.
 We are to live each breath for Him.
 
For we are much like each of  the pictures on the different screens.

Someone is capturing us living life through the lens of their eyes, as they watch how we walk in our journey. 

 I pray we are all leaving footprints of "whose" we are - His.

 "Living "the way God wanted. Keeping straight on the path blazed by their ancestor David, not one step to either left or right."
 
 

No comments: