Tuesday, August 30, 2016

"Passing Through" - 08/30/16 - Ezekiel 20-21


"a kind of signpost erected between me and them to show them that I, God, am in the business of making them holy."(20:12)
 
I have found with growing older, you attend more funerals.  You are praying more often for those suffering from sickness.    
 
Yesterday evening I was blessed with spending time at the playground with Charlie and Ella.  Just playing.  We spent at least 10 minutes watching a couple of fishing worms wiggle about on the sidewalk.  Their delight at finding and observing them was like finding gold to me.  Each time I am with them, I hear over and over, "they are stopping and smelling the roses".  
 
Perhaps that is why grandchildren are such a blessing. There are less responsibilities and we really are allowed, if we take the time, to savor each moment.  Moments which are so fleeting.  
 
It was many years ago I realized time goes too fast - too soon.  I have lived with an awareness that life really is fleeting. 

There are often times I wonder what signpost we are following in our walk.


In our daily journey, we will  be coming to many a fork in the road.
How do we determine which way to proceed?

There are only two options.  With Him or without Him.

Are we finding when walking His way,

following His lead, 
we are drawing closer to Him? 

We will become more like Him when walking in His Footprints.
His way has made us Holy.

I love how His Word is our map. The Holy Spirit is our guide. 

To point out the right directions when His "Map" doesn't make sense

or we aren't liking where it is leading us. 

I love how The Holy Spirit prepares us for all types of terrain. 
 I love how our Savior is our Light. 
 How He has already covered all the ground we will.

He has cleared the way from all that is a danger to our soul. 
We only have to choose and commit to His way.

I love how His Family is here with us on this journey to help each other. 
 Support each other.

I so love knowing our ABBA is the final destination when we choose Him.

What signpost are you following? Where are you heading?

 
 
 


No comments: