Sunday, October 09, 2016

"Dancing With Our ABBA" - 10/09/16 - Matthew 11


"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, Come to Me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me—watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of Grace.
I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” (28-30)

It is 8:26pm.  After church we headed out and sprayed in the bottoms.   When Curt got hurt and laid up two weeks ago for a week, it put us behind and we are trying to play catch up before fall cleanups begin.  I have just gotten out of the shower and waiting on my supper as I do my daily devotion.  While reading, this verse jumped out at me. 

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."(28)

I sighed as I spoke out loud, "Yes".

Although I am so grateful we were able to work today, I hate working on Sundays.  I am grateful as well that Adam was with us, but I hate his taking time away from his family.  I know it is just a temporary situation, but bottom line is - I. am. tired.  Tired of working as hard as we do and barely keeping our nose above water. 

It would be so easy to become overwhelmed by the state of our country, but His Word reminds me over and over - He is in complete control. And the business we work at.  It is His business.  As is all we are given to be stewards of.

As my eyes kept reading, my heart smiled:

I was getting caught up with the physical of this world and had taken my focus off of the spiritual. 
Which is why, in the middle of being tired, He extends His hand and says:  

"Come to Me.
Get away with Me
and you’ll recover your life.
I’ll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with Me and work with Me—watch how I do it.

Learn the unforced rhythms of Grace.
I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”(29-30)


"Unforced rhythms of Grace".

Close your eyes and imagine yourself walking through this world. 

Are you bent over, carrying the burden of shame, guilt, mantles of sin?  Or are you upright, dressed in His Armor, gliding across the path in His Sonshine, as a dancer on the stage?

"I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you."

His Armor - perfectly fitting.  Unlike the Armor of old which could weigh up to 150 pounds, His armor is light and perfectly tailored.  Perfectly tailored to meet your needs.  For anything and all things you will come up against.  An Armor which is given to you by Him.  Our Christ.  Our Savior, who has gone before us, conquering sin.  Our ABBA.  Our Leader, who goes before us, directing our steps. 

"Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly."

Keep company with Him.  Not just sometimes, but all times.  In all ways.  In all places.  Keep company with Him. 

Close your eyes and picture where it is you live. 

Is it in the darkness of sin, shame, guilt?  Are you overwhelmed with the way of the world?  Or is it in His Light?  His all powerful Light which cast out all darkness. 
 
Close your eyes..........

As you are on this journey,
do you see yourself dancing with your ABBA?

No comments: