Monday, October 24, 2016

"His Misfits" - 10/24/16 - Luke 14-15




"Invite some people who never get invited out, the misfits from the wrong side of the tracks.  You'll be - and experience - a blessing. They won't be able to return the favor, but the favor will be returned - oh, how it will be returned! - at the resurrection of God's people." (14:13-14)

Do you remember the old cartoon, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys"?
 
I can remember watching it and thinking how easily I could have lived on that island. Until I became a part of ABBA's family, I lived in this world feeling like a misfit.   
There are moments I haven't a clue as to why ABBA is using me to reach out to certain  persons.  I just know I am heeding His commands and trying to follow in His steps.  He often reminds me that I know what it feels like to be a "misfit" and there wasn't just one who took the time to follow ABBA's lead, giving me welcome throughout my life.  It has and continues to be  many.  Her name is Teresa.  Her name is Missy.  His name is Dick.  His name is Danny.  Their names are "His Servants".  He uses each one of  us in His family to welcome in the "misfits".  Each and every one of us are commanded to be a part of His welcoming committee. 

And still there are those times in which the feeling like a "misfit" will come over me and I allow those feelings to hinder "me" working for Him.  He again will open my eyes and I look about to focus instead  upon the innumerable blessings of other "misfits" He has placed into my heart and life.

They are "you".  His Beloved.  My Family.

I pray that although we shall always be a "misfit" in this world, each of His will know how welcome we are belonging in His Family.  Eternally.  No longer a "misfit". 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: