Monday, September 04, 2017

"We - His Unfinished" - 09/04/17 - Ezra 3-5



"It has been under construction ever since but it is not yet finished.” (5:16)


There is a song by Mandisa, "Unfinished" which, whenever I hear it, I receive encouragement.  No matter my slipbacks, goofups, beatmeups, backsteps - until I die - He isn't finished with me. 

Just as He isn't with all of us.

I smile while reading today and seeing The Hope.  The Israelites wanted nothing more than to rebuild their temple.  Totally focused on the job our ABBA had set them up to do and along comes "life". 

Overcoming times of fear, they went forward.  Along comes the drama of old enemies and construction is halted.  How often do we find our "building of the temple" for The Kingdom Come sidetracked by life? 

And how often do we allow doubt to seep in, allowing the seeds to sprout that we aren't just "enough" for the task our ABBA has given us.  Or that we have "messed things up" so bad nothing can be fixed.

He is bigger than any and all of what satan, the world, and even "self" will throw up at us during our journey towards Home.  He is also the one who created, equipped, prepared, and guides us in the steps we take following Him.

I love our ABBA.  I love how He is always there to remind us.  We are "unfinished" until our last breath.  I love how He covers us with His Grace and Mercy.  His Forgiveness. 

I love knowing - The Power that raised Him from the grave is the same power that lives within us.  His Children.  His Beloved.



"Unfinished"
(Mandisa)
Not scared to say it, I used to be the one
Preaching it to you, that you could overcome
I still believe it, but it ain't easy
'Cause that world I painted, where things just all work out
It started changing and I started having doubts
And it got me so down

But I picked myself back up
And I started telling me
No, my God's not done
Making me a masterpiece
He's still working on me

He started something good and I'm gonna believe it
He started something good and He's gonna complete it
So I'll celebrate the truth
His work in me ain't through
I'm just unfinished
I'm just unfinished
So I'll celebrate the truth
His work in me ain't through
I'm just unfinished

I know His history and the kind of God He is
He might make it a mystery
But He's proving I can trust in Him
And yeah, I believe it

So I can pick myself back up
And keep on telling me
No, my God's not done
Making me a masterpiece
No, my God's not done

Still workin'
Still, still workin' on me
He's still workin'
Still, still workin' on me

He started something good and I'm gonna believe it
He started something good and He's gonna complete it
So I'll celebrate the truth
His work in me ain't through
I'm just unfinished
I'm just unfinished
(I'm just unfinished)
So I'll celebrate the truth
His work in me ain't through
I'm just unfinished

 Oh, yeah
I'm just unfinished
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: