Tuesday, October 01, 2013

"His Delight" - 07/27/13 - Isaiah 58:1-63:14



"You’ll get a brand-new name
    straight from the mouth of God.
You’ll be a stunning crown in the palm of God’s hand,
    a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God.
No more will anyone call you Rejected,
    and your country will no more be called Ruined.
You’ll be called Hephzibah (My Delight),
    and your land Beulah (Married),
Because God delights in you
    and your land will be like a wedding celebration.
For as a young man marries his virgin bride,
    so your builder marries you,
And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride,
    so your God is happy with you." (62:2-5)

Sometimes, I wonder what my new name will be.  Will it be a name I have never heard, can't even begin to pronounce?  What will it mean?  Whenever I think of myself as "Deby", it just doesn't fit.  I don't feel like a Deby or Deborah.  

In life, the world wants us to believe we are a burden and how thankful to find I am actually a blessing.  The world's view is ever changing because of its double standards, and you will find yourself back to being a burden.

Wow.

Again, the battle within me fires up.  Belief of words, treatment, as truth or His Word as Truth. 

He then reminds me there isn't anyone who knows me better than He does, nor is there anyone who loves me more than He does. 

He brings to my mind, Curt.  Not another human has lived with me for as long.  Not another human knows every side of me, inside and out, and loves me as he does.  Our sons - the same.  I am loved by those who really "know" me.  Who see I am what I seem to be - a lover of Abba.  He has surrounded me with His family, the family I belong in and to.  His family, who know me, accept me, and love me - unconditionally. 

So when I come up against the world,  I am learning to stand in and on His Truth. 

I have His Word.  I know and believe. 

"Because God delights in me
    and my land will be like a wedding celebration.
For as a young man marries his virgin bride,
    so my builder married me,
And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride,
    so my God is happy with me."


Me.

My Abba calls me Hephzibah  (His Delight),
    and my land Beulah (Married),

No comments: