Saturday, October 26, 2013

"Loving Self" - 10/26/13 - Matthew 22:34-23:39, Mark 12:28-44, Luke 20:41-21:4

 Jesus said, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ These two commands are pegs; everything in God’s Law and the Prophets hangs from them.”(Matthew 22:37-40)


Our first few mornings of a heavy frost and I am amazed some of the flowers are still looking beautiful. Thankful for the sunshine to help counteract the cold temps and for coveralls, boots, mittens, long unders. I am also thankful how He gives me the needed "wardrobe" for my heart, soul, and mind, each day when going out into the world. Or even when spending the day with "self". Sometimes what my "self" says, thinks, does, is more damaging than the world and satan. There are many moments "self" is my worst enemy. I have been praying for the past few years for ABBA to break my heart for what breaks His. And He is. In this heart transformation, I have come to realize the way I sometimes view, talk to myself is a sin. There are things I have said or thought about me, I would never be towards another.

"He who gets wisdom loves his own soul;
He who keeps understanding will find good." (Proverbs 19:8)

It finally hit me one day, this is one of the keys. He instructs us to love our neighbors as ourselves. I realized I didn't love "me".

 If I didn't love "me", then however was I able to love others? 

The many ways I was putting myself down, was causing me to cut down others, who had traits which reminded me of what I hated about myself.  Thankfully, He has given me the joy and gift of loving "me" - as He loves "me". Not in a self-righteous, conceited, manner - but in wonderment.  By loving "me" as He loves "me", I fell into His arms of security and love.  I am protected and the things going on about "me" - it has finally come to the point, it doesn't matter. 

He is  my "I AM".
My ABBA.

It is what He thinks, desires, commands, of me - not others - which matters.   He opened the eyes of my heart to see life isn't about "me", it is a spiritual battle.  Being His, will bring on attacks from the enemy, which I can not take personal, they are directed towards my ABBA, through me. 

Whenever I find myself cutting down, hating, the one He made in His image - "me", His Word confirms, through the total package I am looking at, He has produced many blessings.  From being a vessel for Him, as a wife, our children, our "family", enabling me to live and work for Him.






He transformed "my" distorted vision through His wisdom - He led my heart to "find good" in "me". 










"Keeps understanding" - only by constantly consuming His personal love letter to "me". 

Praying you will learn the complete Fruits of the Spirit through Proverbs 19:8.

No comments: