Friday, November 21, 2014

"Hard Part of The Harvest" - 11/21/14 - Acts 13-14

"putting muscle and sinew in the lives of the disciples, urging them to stick with what they had begun to believe and not quit, making it clear to them that it wouldn't be easy: "Anyone signing up for The Kingdom of God has to go through plenty of hard times."(14:22)

The "mommy" in me is causing my heart to be in my throat, tears threatening to overflow as I bat my eyes, trying to keep them contained. 

In less than an hour, Nichalas will be undergoing hernia surgery.  In Phoenix, AZ.

My prayer time this morning began focused on Nichalas/Amber and then ABBA turned it around to me. 

I know, without doubt, ABBA is using both Nichalas and Amber as part of His Kingdom Come where they are planted.  Both of them are mighty warriors and each day many young lives are being touched by ABBA through their jobs as teachers.  These young lives are then touching their families and friends.  A perfect example of  how Paul's teachings on "one-by-one" harvesting works.  Both of their hearts are sold out for ABBA and when looking out into the world, they see the lost.  They see the lost and react, wanting nothing more than to introduce them to Jesus Christ. 

"following orders, doing what God commanded when He said, I've set you up as light to all nations. You'll proclaim salvation to the four winds and seven seas!"(13:47)

The hard part of this is the "mommy" in me is selfish.  ABBA has brought Adam back home and now working with us.  And although I am so grateful for that, I want more.  I want, no I desire, to share life with Nichalas/Amber on a more frequent basis than one or two visits a year.  And even though I am thankful, so thankful, for cell phones, Skype, I desire face to face time with them.  When the guys moved out, I had to give over to ABBA every morning my fear of "something" happening to them.  I had to give over my selfishness.  I know, without doubt, if "something" did happen, they would be face to face with ABBA, for eternity.  So it is nothing more than selfishness to want them to be here.  It is hard to grasp Heaven is better than the love here with our children. 

This morning, ABBA gave my heart another pull.  When I am loving them this selfishly, I am loving them more than Him.  I am also putting a burden on them to fill a void.  To give me worth.  These are only things our ABBA is equipped to do. 

Years ago, I gave over our sons to ABBA.  Thankfully, ABBA is bigger than all of my mistakes and our sons are now His Warriors.  His Warriors, who He is sending out to harvest this world.  Where I know they need to be for His work.  Growing up from little boys to young men of God.  My growing up to let go and let God. 

That is the hard part for the "mommy" in me.

He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask The Lord of The Harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His Harvest field.(Luke 10:2)      




No comments: