Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"Preaching Jesus" - 11/18/14 - Acts 7-8

"Philip grabbed his chance. Using this passage as his text, he preached Jesus to him."(8:35)

Bright and early this am, Curt and I headed out for our combined doctor visit.  We are getting ready for a "double date" - the colonoscopy!  I was laughing about how when persons are first dating, just married, this isn't a "date" you think about being on. 

Curt is going for his second time to make sure he is doing okay.  His dad died from colon cancer a number of years ago, so it is in his genes.   There were three polyps discovered the last time, if hadn't of been removed, would have turned into cancer.  I am going for my first time as part of the ongoing testing to find out what is causing the symptoms I am having. 

Today was needed to get a referral for the actual "event".  Afterwards, we hit Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries before heading back home.

I don't enjoy going to the doctor or shopping.  

It would have been so easy to get aggravated to be spending my day in a way I would rather not.  I could also have easily let my mind be overtaken by the "what if fears".  I didn't.  I just basically was going through the motions, focusing on getting home.

Thankfully, we went to Wal-Mart.  

He opened my eyes through our cashier.  An older woman, whose beautiful smile welcomed us at her checkout line.  Before I knew it, we were both talking about our Jesus.  Nothing personal was exchanged, just Him.  She was "preaching Jesus" in her check out lane just by being.  He was shinning brightly through her. 

I walked out to our car, my heart lifted up.  It wasn't a chance encounter - she was my "Philip" for the day.   

"Philip grabbed his chance. Using this passage as his text, he preached Jesus to him."(8:35)

I have been wondering since, do I grab every chance?  Do I "preach Jesus" just in the way I am living?  Am I being "Philip" to all He puts in my path? 

Her last words to me keep going through my mind, "If I don't see you again here, I'll be seeing you one day there - with Him." 

"Preaching Jesus".  A wonderful way to live life. 

No comments: