Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"In His Wardrobe" - 11/04/14 - Matthew 22, Mark 12

 "When the king entered and looked over the scene, he spotted a man who wasn't properly dressed.   He said to him, 'Friend, how dare you come in here looking like that!' The man was speechless.   Then the king told his servants, 'Get him out of here - fast. Tie him up and ship him to hell. And make sure he doesn't get back in.'       
"That's what I mean when I say, 'Many get invited; only a few make it.'"(Matthew 22:11-14)
 
Unless we invest into a relationship with Him that becomes intimate, we'll never know just how much of "living" we are missing out on.  It isn't how we are dressed on the outside that counts, it is what we dress our minds, heart, soul with. 
 
I am so thankful for the treasures He has rained down upon me throughout my years.  I am so thankful for His Word, opening my everything up to Him, so I am able to recognize, receive, accept His blessings.  Even then, I know I am unaware of much, much more. 
 
His Word is the mirror I look into, taking off that which doesn't dress me to suit Him.  (To suit Him, not my "self".)  Dressing myself in a royal attire I never dreamed I would be able to obtain, much less fitting me like a glove.  He has made each and every element of my "wardrobe" to fit me perfectly. 
 
He wants me dressed to the nines. 
He is all about showing off His Masterpiece. 
 
His Masterpiece being myself.  And you. 
 
I am readying myself for the most important "date" of my life. 
 
ABBA has invited all of us to dine, with Him, at His table. 
 
I pray you are "properly dressed" by Him, as I am so looking forward to celebrating this eternal feast with you! 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: