Monday, May 04, 2015

"Happy" - 05/03/15 - Psalm 106-107

    
"Then He changed the wasteland into fresh pools of water, and earth into springs of water," (107:35)


I smile as the image of Jed Clampit from the Beverly Hillbillies, discovers "black gold - oil that is", comes into my mind as I read this verse.  How it represents my life, before and after, I gave it to ABBA.


 I am able to look back over my life and see how many times He has protected me, actually saved me from harm, throughout my life.  Once, while mowing atop a wall at the bottom of a steep hill my mower hit wet grass and started to head down over the 8ft wall.  In my panic, I tried to put my foot out in front of the mower to try and stop it - the blades still running - as though that would have done any good - I know - stupid.  It was the small 2ft wide bed with blue rug growing in it that ABBA used to stop it.  Looking back at that day, I realized how easily my life could have ended.  I realized the "stupid" things we end up doing, trying to "save ourselves" when we allow fear to take over.  He also gave me insight to prepare for the "next time" I have to mow in a situation like that.  How to maneuver the terrain in a way that keeps me from the edge. 


Just like my life.

Today is an extra special day in this life He has given me.

We had our Adam and one child in Heaven and 27 years ago today,  we were given the gift of  our Nichalas.

Up until the point of having our Adam 30 years ago, my life was a wasteland.  I was stumbling through life, living for "self", living in fear, living life on the edge.  My "fruits" were all about the world. 

He began the process of transforming my life at the point of Adam.  He took the wasteland  of "me" and I have now become lush from the fresh waters.  He has taken the fruits of our sons and daughter, making them into springs of water.  He is using me and mine to give others "living water", so their lives are eternally refreshed. 

Rarely, when I find myself in situations outside my comfort zone, do I "put my foot out in front of running blades".  He has given me discernment and Wisdom from His Word in which I now live my life.  I stand back and allow my ABBA to be my protector.  I no longer live in fear abiding in the wastelands.  I live in the refreshment of His "living springs".
                            
                            

No comments: