Thursday, May 21, 2015

"In The Warzone" - 05/21/15 - 2 Samuel 22-23; Psalm 57

"He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me."
(2 Samuel 22:20)  



I think about how much God defends me.......and mostly I am unaware of the different ways, the extent.  When mowing or weed eating along the road, I picture His angels guarding our backs against the oncoming cars.  With a blink of an eye...........

I think about how He and His army never stop.  So much of His Word causes me to have a vision of His vast army, marching as one, headed for battle - for me.  For His family. 

They say it is always darkest before the dawn.  It seems when we are in a trial, or valley, when it seems there is no hope - His army arrives - at dawn.  How I have to remind myself He is always there with me - every step.  We are so unaware of the whole spiritual battle raging around and about us.  He isn't.  He is right there in the thick of it all - guiding, protecting, keeping the peace - my Commander in Chief. 

What a comfort I receive knowing this, He is on the march........all night long.  He always, always arrives as dawn breaks.  Through the death of His Son - my Savior - He arose and won the battle over the grave - over sin.  Much as the dawn of the sunrise bringing in each new day.  I love knowing - I am on the side which has already won this war. 

 I love knowing -  I belong to the army who is always marching, taking up the call to win others to Him.                         

No comments: