Saturday, May 23, 2015

"Later ABBA" - 05/23/15 - 2 Samuel 24; 1 Chronicles 21-22; Psalm 30

"You're all set—get to work! And God-speed!"  (1Chron 22:16)


David went to such great lengths to prepare the materials Solomon needed to build The Temple. He did it not for the bragging rights that his family was the one, but he did it for the glory of God.

 David was so excited -you can hear it in his voice.







While reading this, God brought to my mind the many (many) times He has excitedly prepared me for His work, down to the smallest detail, and instead of jumping on board -

I procrastinate.  

Remembering the many times, as a mom, I would come up with some "awesome" activity to share with the boys, only to be met with the, "later mom".

It took the wind out of my sails.

Why do I think I don't do that to God?

 Here He is -
wanting only the best for me
preparing everything that I need
knowing me better than I do
and having on hand the blessings that touch my heart.

And I will greet Him with, "later ABBA".

Each time  I come up with such lame excuses when He shares with me what He wants me to do.

"I don't know the right words to say"
"they don't want to have me around"
"I'm tired"
"I'll look really dumb and embarrass you"
"too busy"
.

Then He reminds me yet again

He is in control.

It isn't by chance He has me planted where I am, how I am, who I am with - it is all part of His design.

 And He has "prepared" me.

Just as David was preparing Solomon to build the temple, He has/is preparing me for work in building The Church. 

How selfish I am in the times when I decide "my way" is more important.
My body is His temple.
He has supplied me with the knowledge of salvation, opportunities to share it, and I have audacity to say, "later ABBA".

 It is during those times I have decided to choose "self" instead of Him.
 It is during those times that I missed an opportunity to reach "one more" for Him.
 It is during those times that I allow all the materials He prepared for me to go unused.
To sit idle. 

Who do I think I am to answer The Lord in such a way?
Having total disregard to Who He is.  The great "I AM".

I know in all the times I have jumped up in excitement and began to "build",  I have received more blessings than I can ever acknowledge. It is during the times of serving "Him" instead of "self" I find I am really living.  

Continually I am praying that no matter the situation - in faith I will "get to work"
and never greet Him with, "later ABBA".

No comments: