Friday, July 31, 2015

"He Transforms" - 07/31/15 - Isaiah 64-66

"So will your children
and your reputation stand firm." (Isaiah 66:23)

Do you ever wonder what people think about you?  Not in a way that consumes you - causes you to live your life as someone else "thinks" you should, but your reputation? 

When I was younger, I wasn't a Christian and I lived the way of the world.  Coming from a small town - everyone pretty much knew your business.  If they didn't, they made it up and said they knew....one of the reasons I enjoy Quincy.  It is big enough you don't know everyone - small enough to feel homey. 

My past has sometimes caused me to squirm in discomfort, embarrassment, etc. when running across someone from my yesterdays.  I imagine there may be a few eyebrows raised when persons find out I walk with Him.  My past used to cause me to avoid certain places, afraid I'd see someone who knew the "old" me. 

Because of Him - today - I really don't care.  I care more about Him shinning through me and touching those He puts into my path.  My "Divine Appointments". 

I found a number of years ago that He has a marvelous way of using my "stumbling blocks" as His "stepping stones".  Because of my past life, He has used me to work with others who have made the same bad  I am able to have empathy toward situations they find themselves in and not be judgmental.

I also am able to know first hand about "second chances", which have become too numerous to count.


I am so thankful for His grace and mercy.  I don't take it for granted.  As He has done for me, I am continually trying to extend it to others as well.

He has also taken my life and turned it around to produce "good fruits".  Our sons both walk In and with Him as well as our daughter-in-love.  There is nothing more important to me - to know - really know - their souls are in the palm of His hand.  To know - really know - if they were to die right now, they are with Him....eternally.  I love the promise of this scripture - that not only my reputation will stand firm - so shall they. 

The world is such an evil place.  Tolerance is making so many sins "normal" and we tend to accept the worlds standards instead of standing firm In His Word.  I am thankful  the measuring stick our sons more often than not use - is His Word.  I am thankful my ABBA has urged me from the first moments of being their mom, to feed them with His Word.  They may not read it everyday - but it is a part of their life, their hearts, their makeup - their foundation.  Just as it is mine.

We are built on a foundation to stand firm in. 

No comments: