Thursday, December 03, 2015

"I Am Honored" - 12/03/15 - 2 Corinthians 10-13


"The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way - never have and never will.
The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture.
       
We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ.
Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity. (10:3-6)
 
During this past year, I have witnessed a spiritual "bloom" in our Adam.  I have seen, time after time, answers to the many prayers over him from me during these past 30 plus years.  ABBA has given me the blessing of seeing him become a spiritual leader in his new role as part of Ashley and her children, Charlie and Ella. 

He is a man who loves our ABBA deeply.  And it shows. 
 
I see the protective nature he has about him towards his new family.  I see the building as one in ABBA on this journey with Ashley. I see his awareness of the ugliness of the world trying to reach out and grab these two little ones his heart has fallen in love with. 
 
I know Adam is training these children up with Christ as His Role Model. 
I see him dressed in the Armor of God, embarking on the seasons of life. 
I delight in looking back and seeing how ABBA has prepared him. 
For being a Warrior for Him.
 
ABBA has helped, (again) through these verses, in another moment when separation makes it hard to be a mom.  Knowing ABBA has sent Nichalas and Amber where they are and how He is using them, helps me to not focus on our being apart and unable to share life day to day. 
 
This upcoming weekend, a million, trillion miles away (or so it seems), our Nichalas will be coaching at a wrestling tournament.  I know in this tournament there will be those who will wrestle unfairly, doing anything for a win.  I know Coach Holtschlag will be one to point his kids in the direction that really matters in how to respond to the unfairness of the world. 
 
He is a man who loves our ABBA deeply.  And it shows.  
 
I know teaching these underprivileged kids how to wrestle is at the bottom of Nichalas' list.  He is using it as a tool to show them Jesus.
 
I know Nichalas is training these kids up with Christ as His Role Model. 
I see him dressed in the Armor of God, embarking on the seasons of life. 
I delight in looking back and seeing how ABBA has prepared him. 
For being a Warrior for Him.
 
 I marvel thinking about all the steps to the places He has taken our sons on. 
Steps preparing, growing, using them. 
 What both of our sons want first and foremost, for not only the children, but all who cross their paths, is to introduce them to ABBA.  To equip others in dealing with the attacks towards them from the world.  To show and build others up, on and in, the foundation of Jesus Christ.  To show and give them Hope.
 
I know how they pray for each of these children, their families, Ashley, Amber and themselves.  They each watch and follow The Holy Spirit where ABBA needs them to be. 
 
Both of our sons are utilizing the tools ABBA has given them.  Tools which "are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity".

I know these children are learning lessons to take them through their lives. 
I know our sons will always hold a place in their hearts. 
 
I also know, it is only because of our ABBA.   

No comments: