Friday, June 02, 2017

"Our New Heart" - 06/02/17 - Ezekiel 11-12





"I'll give you a new heart. I'll put a new spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you'll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!"(11:19-20)



I am able to recall many moments throughout my life when I thought my heart was near to bursting because of the joys. When I felt it was breaking into a million pieces as it laid heavy within the walls of my chest. It is amazing how many emotions are carried within this muscle the size of our fist.   

Our hearts.

"I'll give you a new heart. I'll put a new spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart."

Honestly, there have been many, many times I wished for a heart of stone. A heart that couldn't, wouldn't, didn't feel. It would have made enduring so much easier.

But then, when I look at the blessings which cause my heart to over runneth - I am so thankful my heart is continually being transformed into one like His. To drink in deeply His pure and perfect Love.

In having a stone heart, I wouldn't know the pain of losing those I hold dear, but I also wouldn't know the joy of loving and being loved by them.

"You'll be my people! I'll be your God!"

Our ABBA is the only one, the only way, to have blessings during the pain. He is the only one who is able to fill the hole left by those we love in their passing. He is the only one who can mend our hearts, for He is the Great Comforter. The Great Mender. He made our hearts. He knows our hearts.

He also reminds me this place isn't what life is all about. This is only a temporary place and one day - one day - for eternity -
there will be no more death.
there will be no more pain.
there will be no more suffering.
there will be no more tears.
 
There will only be completed and new hearts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: