Saturday, June 10, 2017

"Transformed" - 06/10/17 - Ezekiel 35-38



"this weed patch has been turned into The Garden of Eden!"(36:35)

They are sitting on the back patio calling my name.  Some are in need of a drink of water.  All are in need of being put into the garden areas of our home.  For the last eight years, we have been working on transforming parts of the areas here.  In my head, I am able to see the end results like a photograph.  Through my eyes I am able to see it will be awhile before the photograph in my minds eye is a reality.  Our work schedule, the weather, our lack of energy, life, have all been hindrances in our progress. 

 Maintaining the areas we have created I am seeing amongst the new plants are old weeds still hanging on even after spraying, pulling, chopping.  Trying to take back their ground which we stole from them.  I was delighted when spotting in the midst of them a volunteer plant with a beautiful purple flower.  No idea where it came from, what it is, but will be transplanting it in a more prominent place. 
I have found particularly along the woods edge, it is the hardest to keep the "weed patch" from overtaking the gardens.  The roots of the despised Virginia Creeper run deep and wide from within the woods, growing underground, yards and yards of area to pop up in the most unlikely spot.  And how persistent they are!  It takes constant and regular effort to keep them at bay.  Either with  chemical or physical work. 

Exactly like our heart.

Constant and regular effort to keep it as His.

But, how He gives us encouragement.  The times when we feel or think we have failed Him, we look down and happen upon His "purple flower", there amongst the sins of life.  His Beauty.  Reminding us.  We are His beauty.  His Beloved. 

His Word is the daily nourishment we need to grow His Garden of Eden within. We have to continually take it in, chew on it slowly,  so it will "chemically" ward off the sin by becoming the very part of us.  The Holy Spirit is our gardener, pruning, turning the soil, keeping away the roots of sin which constantly threaten to take over our heart - our Garden of Eden.  Strongest in the areas where it is darkest, there along the edge.  The place in the shade, away from His Sonlight. 
 


I pray continually for Him to search my heart and eradicate anything that is not of Him.
I pray continually for my heart to become His Garden of Eden.

No comments: