Sunday, June 18, 2017

"We - Hand Picked" - 06/18/17 - Amos 1-5




"Out of all the families on earth, I picked you"(3:2)
 
The storm woke me up two nights ago.  Instantly my prayers went up for Adam and Charlie who were at Boy Scout Camp near Nauvoo, IL.  From the looks of the radar, the middle of the storm was over their tents.  My mind then ran to Nichalas and Amber making their way over the High Sierra in conditions said to be more dangerous than any other year due to the record amount of snows.  From the High Sierra's my mind went to a little yellow home where our Ashley and Ella were hopefully sleeping without their men under the same roof. 
 
Our family.  Parts of my heart.  Never leaving my mind.  Or prayers. 

In my minds eye I can see our ABBA all about each one of them.  His Glory chasing away any darkness surrounding them.  I am blessed with the peace of knowing all of my family is in the care of The Great Protector.  For answering prayers of only a bit of rain falling upon tents and no storms.  For the temps to be warmer than expected in the mountains and knowing our two have good sound heads upon their shoulders.  For a text from Ashley that everything went well through the night. 
 
Over and over I find myself thanking ABBA for the blessing of having them as my family.  I find myself thinking of others who are enduring heart pains, fighting for their lives, who have lost a child or loved one.  I fight falling into the self pity party or allowing fear to come in and run out peace.

 Often times in the darkness of early morning hours, I find myself kneeling before Him, feeling His Hand on my head as we converse. I am reminded over and over through His Words - "He picked me". In the times of my weakest moment, when I want nothing more than to break into heart wrenching sobs, He has given me the image of Mary. A young woman, dropping to her knees, no longer able to stand, because of the heart wrenching pain in seeing her son, her baby, nailed onto The Cross.

He gave me the image of this woman who drew her strength to endure from her Lord.
He gave me perception that in Him there is never an eternal separation.


Mary.


 Even now, I know I am only able to perceive an inkling of what she endured being the mommy of our Savior.


I love how our ABBA gives us comfort in no matter the age of our child, we will always be blessed by the brief glimpse of yesterdays.
 
There are moments when looking at our young men today, for a flicker of a second I will see the little boys from yesterdays in their eyes, a certain expression, the wrinkle of their nose. Their hands able to hold my whole hand in them, when just a few yesterdays it was mine that held all of theirs. Their smiles and antics as they make new memories cause me to remember all those times of watching them grow up as best friends. It is when they are parting company, with months of separation ahead, my heart hurts most.  Seeing the tears from both of them as they hug each other.  Hearing whispered, "I love you" to each other. How a mama hates seeing her children hurt.  Even if because of the great and close love they share.  Conversations today are shared with whispered words from the past darting in and out from the keepsakes in my heart.
 
Our ABBA gave Mary the blessing of seeing her son again after His sacrifice on The Cross. I can only imagine what it must of been like to realize without doubt she was the mommy of The Son of God. I don't have to imagine though what it is like to be the mommy of children of God.

He has given us the blessing of bringing Adam back to live nearby.  To work with and see him most days.  I love the memories we are making with his family.  To have another daughter in love, Ashley, whom I am falling more in love with each passing day.  To hear Charlie and Ella call out, "Grandma Deby" on a regular basis. The life they are bringing into our home through their laughter, sounds of little feet running and playing.

He has given me strength to overcome the ache within my heart of having Nichalas and Amber so far away. They are on the mission field for and in Him. He has comforted me in blessing upon blessing, of seeing their fruits for Him, to help overcome the selfishness of wanting them close by. He has also shown me it is all about His time and His way. He has given me joy and hope in hearing their plans to move back here one day.

He has given me strength to be content and thankful in all situations.
To be thankful for the gifts of Skype, cell phone, and internet in today's way of being together.
He has given me recognition how blessed we are for any time spent together.
Just as He "picked" Mary to be the mommy of our Savior, He handpicked me to be the mommy of Adam, Nichalas, and our two in Heaven, mom in love to our Ashley and Amber, and Grandma Deby to our Charles, Ella, two little ones in Heaven and God willing other future grandchildren.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude.  with the honor.  with the joy.
He "hand picked" me to introduce our sons to their Bestest Friend - our Jesus.
Our Savior.
 
"Hand Picked".  Each and every one of us in the role He has placed us in.  May we make the most of that role for His Glory.

No comments: